Monday 18 February 2013

Rekindling an old love: Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, shade 52, Vanilla 
Boujois Healthy Mix was the first foundation I ever used. I went through several bottles before moving on to Revlon Colourstay. Colourstay was a god send, it gave my skin a flawless finish and kept my skin beautifully  matte. At first, I was truly in love. Fast forward 8 months, two bottles of Colourstay later, and I'm getting a bit tired of it. It takes so much work, (you have to give it a thorough old blend to get it to sit nicely) and all of a sudden I just felt like it was too much for my skin everyday. So I picked up a bottle of Healthy Mix and I've fallen straight back in love.

Healthy Mix may not sound like a match made in heaven for oily skin with it's satin/dewy finish, but it's light to medium coverage and weightless feel is what I've been craving. It just looks like skin. Colourstay was so thick and full coverage (not always a bad thing I may add) that I just felt my skin was left looking a little flat. Healthy Mix makes my skin look so much more radiant. I do find that I have to do a bit more covering with the concealer in some places, but for everyday I'm okay with that. I feel fresh with it on.

Given a good powder I'm not left looking like an a greasy chip pan and although the wear time isn't nearly as good as Colourstay that's something I'm willing to compromise. Maybe during the summer it won't be as easy to get away with, but until then I'm loving the lighter coverage. Other positives to Healthy Mix include the soft, fruity smell and the oh so handy pump. Revlon, I'm paying nearly thirteen pounds for your product, please just include a bloody pump.

Don't get me wrong, I still love Colourstay (I still picked up a new bottle of it when I purchased Healthy Mix, not good for the purse..) but I was in to deep with it. We needed some time apart.. For days when my skin is playing up a bit, and for nights out, Colourstay will definitely be making a come back. But until then, Healthy Mix has a firm place in my makeup bag.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great foundation :-)
    Honest-mistakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting lovelies!